Skip to content

Weather

March 8th Weather Discussion

We should see some brief sun this morning before clouds arrive this afternoon, and daytime highs climb to +5°C.  There is a small risk of an isolated flurry this morning and an isolated shower later this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy with a few sunny breaks as temperatures reach +5°C. A few showers move in by midnight and mark the arrival of an extensive system that brings heavier rain on Wednesday.

The snow on the ground will take a hit on Wednesday as we could see an entire day of rain and daytime highs of +7°C. The rain should be heaviest in the afternoon, with a total accumulation of 15-20mm.




Current Weather

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy

-0.9°C

Pressure
102.0 falling
Visibility
24.1 km
Dewpoint
-5.1 °C
Humidity
73%
Wind
ENE 14 km/h

Radar Satellite


12 Hour Forecast

Today
11 AM
4°C
Mainly cloudy
Today
12 PM
4°C
Mainly cloudy
Today
1 PM
3°C
Mainly cloudy
Today
2 PM
3°C
Chance of showers
Today
3 PM
3°C
Chance of showers
Today
4 PM
3°C
Chance of showers
Today
5 PM
3°C
Chance of showers
Today
6 PM
2°C
Chance of showers
Today
7 PM
2°C
Chance of showers
Today
8 PM
2°C
Chance of showers
Today
9 PM
1°C
Chance of showers
Today
10 PM
1°C
Partly cloudy

7 Day Forecast

Periods of light snow or rain

Today

5 °C

Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow early this morning and 40 percent chance of rain showers this afternoon. Risk of freezing drizzle early this morning. Wind east 30 km/h becoming light this morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 late this morning. High plus 5 with temperature falling to plus 2 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 13 this morning. UV index 3 or moderate.


Chance of showers

Tonight

-6 °C

Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers this evening. Clearing near midnight. Fog patches developing after midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 6. Wind chill minus 8 overnight.


Mainly sunny

Tuesday

7 °C

Mainly sunny. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h early in the afternoon. High 7. Wind chill minus 10 in the morning. UV index 4 or moderate.


Chance of showers

Tuesday night

3 °C

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 3.


Periods of rain

Wednesday

8 °C

Periods of rain. High 8.


Rain

Wednesday night

4 °C

Rain. Low plus 4.


Chance of showers

Thursday

5 °C

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High plus 5.


Cloudy periods

Thursday night

-9 °C

Cloudy periods. Low minus 9.


A mix of sun and cloud

Friday

-1 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 1.


Cloudy periods

Friday night

-9 °C

Cloudy periods. Low minus 9.


A mix of sun and cloud

Saturday

1 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1.


Cloudy periods

Saturday night

-8 °C

Cloudy periods. Low minus 8.


A mix of sun and cloud

Sunday

1 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1.


Yesterday

Low
-23.8 °C
High
-1.3 °C
Precipitation
0.0 mm

Normals

Low
-11.6 °C
High
-0.8 °C
Average
-6.2 °C

Sunrise and Sunset

Sunrise
7:04 AM
Sunset
6:33 PM

Record Values

Type Period Year Value
Max 1946-2012 2000 13.8 C
Min 1946-2012 1982 -29.0 C
Rainfall 1947-2012 2000 20.0 mm
Snowfall 1947-2012 2002 16.0 cm
Precipitation 1947-2012 2002 25.0 mm
Snow On Ground 1962-2012 1972 137.0 cm

Based on Environment Canada data