Customers looking for window treatments in Sault Ste. Marie choose Mio’s Furniture Fashions for a full line of Hunter Douglas blinds and shutters, plus drapes and panels in matching fabrics to create a co-ordinated and polished finish.
Product and Design Consultant Katie Zwirner is excited to introduce Hunter Douglas PowerView shades to Mio’s Furniture Fashions customers.
This innovative product combines legendary Hunter Douglas quality and beauty with industry-leading smart technology. “With PowerView, your window coverings can integrate with your Smart Home system such as Google Home and Alexa, and even connect to your smart phone,” Katie explains. “So, if you want the blinds to always go up at a certain time you can make that happen – even if you’re not home.”
PowerView shades offer a range of benefits:
- Convenience: Choose from remote, app and gateway options for automated shade controls. Open and close your shades using your mobile device, remote or even your voice
- Integrated: PowerView window shades can be hardwired directly in to your home, making them a great option for new builds or renovations
- Comfort: By setting the shades to open just before sunrise, you can awaken slowly and naturally with the rising sun
- Security: Schedule your shades to open and close at set times so even when you’re away for extended periods of time, it always appears that someone is home
- Efficiency: Keep your home warm or cool and save energy costs, simply by controlling your window shades
- Safety: The absence of exposed cords makes smart shades safer for children and pets
Customized For Your Space
Mio’s Furniture Fashions goes above and beyond to provide one-on-one service, including personalized consultations and customized PowerView window coverings.
“These shades are completely customized”, says Zwirner. “Coming in to the store is best because we have the window coverings on display and the customer can get a sense of their options. Then, I’ll bring all of the samples to their home so they can see the options in their own lighting and with their paint colours. Then we can match their window coverings to perfectly match the space.”
During the in-home consultation, Katie will measure the windows, suggest fabric and design options to best fit the size and shape of windows, and then provide a quote.
Fall Trends: Cozy, Light & Airy
When it comes to design, Katie sees more people opting for an open, airy look and feel in the home. “Since covid, everyone is trying to make their homes very cozy, light and airy… using light colours and textures to soften the space.”
As a Hunter Douglas showcase dealer, Mio’s Furniture Fashions also offers co-ordinating drapes and side panels. “A lot of people are layering shades with drapes to give the window a bit more texture,” Katie explains. “Hunter Douglas has custom drapery in full window coverings or side panels. The nice thing is that they’ve made the fabrics and drapes to coordinate so you will have something that matches really well.”
One word of advice from Katie: make your window coverings a priority when redecorating, building or renovating. “When using shades – you’re designing with the light. In other words, you’re using the light to change the space. A lot of people think of window treatments as last minute but they can really change how a space looks.”
Full measure and installation services are done Mio’s Furniture Fashions professional staff. Call 705-759-8183 or contact them online to set up an appointment for an in-home estimate.