Members of the Superior East Ontario Provincial Police detachment and the Sault Ste. Marie crime unit executed a search warrant in Wawa.
On Aug, 25, around 11:30 a.m. they entered a residence on Mackey Street in Wawa and located stolen property from recent thefts, weapons and small quantities of drugs.
Thomas Crilly, 43-year-old from Wawa faces multiple weapons charges.
The full OPP news release is included below.
On Aug. 25, 2022 at approximately 11:30 a.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), with the assistance of the Sault Ste. Marie OPP Crime Unit, executed a search warrant at a residence on Mackey Street in Wawa.
Once inside the residence, officers located stolen property related to several recent thefts, as well as weapons and a small quantity of drugs.
As a result of the investigation, Thomas Crilly, 43 years-of-age, of Wawa was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, contrary to section 88 of the CC (Four Counts),
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, contrary to section 117.01(1) of the CC (Four Counts),
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition, contrary to section 86(1) of the CC (Four Counts), and
- Possession of a Schedule I substance - methamphetamine, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
The accused was remanded into custody pending a bail hearing.