SAULT COMMUNITY CAREER CENTRE
Your first step to a career in construction. The Sault Community Career Centre, in partnership with the Sault Ste. Marie Construction Association, is excited to introduce Build This City: A Free Construction Fundamentals Training Program for job seekers and employers.
Our next class starts on Monday, Jan. 11, 2021. Participant applications are being accepted until Friday, Dec. 11, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. Apply now! Space is limited.
Build This City is a new SkillsAdvance Ontario workforce development pilot designed for Sault Ste. Marie. It gives job seekers free short-term construction fundamentals training, and helps them get work and advance in the local construction sector.
It gives local employers access to job-ready, skilled workers to meet their workforce needs and supports to train staff for advancement opportunities.
Free support for job seekers:
- Eight weeks of free essential and technical skills training, delivered by experienced professionals that end in industry-recognized certificates or credentials, combined with job shadowing with a variety of local industry employers
- Paid two-week work placement with local industry employers
- One-on-one support that helps you move from training into local job and career opportunities
- Financial support to cover such things as work clothing, equipment, transportation, food
Eligible job seekers will be:
- Unemployed or working less than an average of 20 hours per week
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not participating in, or returning to, full-time training or education
Free support for employers:
- Financial support to offset additional supervisory or training costs for staff mentors to provide supervision to job seeker participants
- One-on-one support to ensure the success of participant placements
- Workers with the right skills you need to fill vacancies
- Help to reduce employee turnover
- Advancement opportunities for current staff through specialized training that meets your needs
Job seekers interested in participating in the program can fill out an online application here: https://saultcareercentre.ca/build-this-city-a-construction-fundamentals-training-program-application/
Please note, eligible applicants must meet minimum requirements and qualify through an application process that includes an aptitude test. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Sault Ste. Marie Construction Association at 705.759.8830. This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.