With Monday being the Family Day holiday and nine games scheduled in the Ontario Hockey League, Sunday afternoon saw just a pair of games on the docket.
In Brampton, Brandon Robinson and Patrik Machac had a goal and two assists each as the Brampton Battalion beat the Barrie Colts 5-3. Barclay Goodrow added a goal and an assist in the win. Matt MacLeod and Brendan Childerley also scored in the win. Mark Scheifele, Erik Bradford and Mitchell Theoret scored for Barrie in the loss.
In St. Catharines, Bo Horvat had two goals and an assist as the London Knights snapped a four-game losing skid beating the Niagara IceDogs 5-1. Matt Rupert added a goal and an assist in the win. Max Domi and Brett Welychka also scored for the Knights. London goaltender Anthony Stolarz stopped 40 shots in the win. Steven Shipley scored the lone goal for Niagara.
On the schedule for the holiday Monday are:
- Belleville vs. Barrie (2 p.m.)
- Guelph vs. Kitchener (2 p.m.)
- London vs. Erie (2 p.m.)
- Mississauga vs Kingston (2 p.m.)
- Ottawa vs. Brampton (2 p.m.)
- Oshawa vs. Sudbury (2:05 p.m.)
- Peterborough vs. Owen Sound (2:05 p.m.)
- Sarnia vs. Plymouth (2:05 p.m.)
- Windsor vs. Saginaw (6:05 p.m.)