Skip to content
23.4 °Cforecast >
Partly Cloudy

Lint leads to dryer fire

NEWS RELEASE SAULT STE. MARIE FIRE SERVICES **************************** Improper exhaust results in dryer fire Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services responded to a dryer fire at a residence in the 100 block of Willowdale Avenue early Monday evening.
0

NEWS RELEASE

SAULT STE. MARIE
FIRE SERVICES

****************************
Improper exhaust results in dryer fire

Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services responded to a dryer fire at a residence in the 100 block of Willowdale Avenue early Monday evening.

The resident reported he could smell something burning and on checking his basement found smoke coming from the dryer.

Upon arrival, firefighters extinguished the fire that was developing inside the dryer.

“The exhaust vent did not match the manufacturer’s instructions. There were restrictions in the venting and consequently this dryer and the exhaust piping had built up with excessive lint. It was only a matter of time for this fire to occur. Everyone should ensure their dryers and vents are installed and maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions,” advises Fire Prevention Officer Rocco Celetti.

Both smoke alarms were working at the time and there was some smoke damage through the basement area.
 
****************************



Comments


More Local News