SAULT STE MARIE DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION
The Downtown Association is pleased to invite all businesses to our free Camp Tech seminars. These workshops are free for businesses in Sault Ste. Marie.
Camp Tech provides Hands-on digital marketing training for small businesses, non-profits, and those curious to learn more about technology. Attend one or both of our relaxed and informative in-person public workshops at the Ermatinger Clerges National Historic Site (800 Bay St).
Small Business Websites 101
Oct 17 - 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure.
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
Oct 18 - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Social media can be a very powerful tool for business growth, but first, you need to know what it is and how it works. In this fun and interactive workshop, we’ll look at the basics of today’s popular social media channels—including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest—and decide which are right for you. You’ll develop a social media plan that will drive business results without a big investment of time and energy.
- How other small businesses have built their brands on each social media channel, picking up tips and inspiration for your own social media activities.
- What likes, hashtags, shares and retweets are, and how and when to use them.
- How to determine the right content and tone for your business’s social media posts, and the right time and frequency to post them.
- How to develop an editorial calendar, with tips for scheduling and automation.
- How to analyze social media metrics and determine which ones to focus on for your business goals.
This workshop is a free workshop for businesses and non-for-profits in Sault Ste Marie.