Skip to content
-2.8 °Cforecast >
Light Snow

East end shed burns. Cause of Algoma Power fire discovered

NEWS RELEASE SAULT STE. MARIE FIRE SERVICE ************************* Shed Burns in East End During the early morning hours of Monday, June 14, 2014, Sault Ste.
0

NEWS RELEASE

SAULT STE. MARIE FIRE SERVICE

*************************
Shed Burns in East End
 
During the early morning hours of Monday, June 14, 2014, Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services (SSMFS) responded to a 911 call of a shed on fire in the 100 block of Thornloe Avenue.
 
Upon arrival responding crews found a fully engulfed shed in the rear yard with flames impinging on an adjacent property shed. 
 
Crews brought the fire under control and managed to save neighbouring structure. 
 
SSMFS is treating the fire as suspicious and is currently investigating the fire jointly with Police Services.
 
*************************
Welding Ignites Car Fire
 
At approximately 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 12, 2014, Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services (SSMFS) responded to a 911 call of a fire in a garage in the 100 block of Sackville Road. 
 
Upon arrival SSMFS Fire crews found smoke billowing out two garage doors. 
 
Crews entered the building, located the fire, and quickly doused the flames. 
 
The majority of the burning was confined to a vehicle with the remainder of the building receiving light smoke damage.  
 
No one was hurt in the fire.
 
Further investigation revealed a mechanic was welding on a vehicle catching some upholstery on fire.   
 
*************************
Please click here for earlier coverage and photos of this story.
 
(PHOTO: Sault Ste. Marie fire vehicles on the Northern Avenue side of the Algoma Power facility on Sackville Road. SooToday.com/Donna Hopper)


More Local News


Comments