Skip to content

Crews respond to apartment fire on Gore Street (6 photos)

No injuries, but apartment suffered extensive damage

Fire crews responded to an apartment fire on Gore Street today shortly before noon.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire, which originated in the kitchen of the apartment, and ventilate the building.

According to a news release issued by Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services, the cause of the fire "was improper use of cooking equipment."

No injuries were reported. However, the apartment suffered extensive damage as a result of the blaze.