Share this profile:
Meals on Wheels provide seniors, caregivers, persons convalescing, as well as those with chronic illnesses and disabilities with a hot and nutritious meal. In doing so, Meals on Wheels helps individuals remain in their homes longer. Our service also provides clients with a social interaction and a daily wellness check; a tremendous peace of mind for family members.
Our meals are delivered by caring and dedicated volunteers five days a week, excluding holidays.
• The meals are delivered between 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM at a cost of $7.25.
• Meals are prepared fresh daily at the F.J. Davey Home and include a starter (soup, or salad), an entrée (protein, starch and vegetable), and dessert. The menu rotates on a 3 week schedule.
• Meals can be accommodated to suit therapeutic diets with the recommendation of a health professional.
• We deliver to clients who live within Third Line to the North, Boundary Road to the East, and Goulais Avenue to the West.
• For clients living outside our service area, Frozen Meals can be picked up at the Davey Home within regular office hours, or delivered to the client’s residence on a bi-weekly basis.
Individuals looking to contribute to their community are encouraged to sign up as a Meal on Wheels volunteer. Most volunteers deliver on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, while others offer support on an on call basis. Volunteers can expect the delivery to take up as little as two hours of their day.