In a release, Algoma Public Health is advising that, beginning Thursday morning, appointments for the COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the GFL Memorial Gardens will be available for some groups.
Appointments will be made for the weekends of March 20-21 and March 27-28.
Groups who will be able to book appointments include:
- Adults 80 years and older (born in 1941 or earlier)
- All Indigenous adults ages 55 and older and their immediate household (First Nations, Metis, Inuit) (born in 1966 or earlier)
- Staff and essential caregivers in retirement homes
- Community-based highest/very high priority healthcare workers (following the Ministry of Health’s guidance on Health Care Worker Prioritization
- Adult recipients of chronic home care
Appointments, which are expected to fill up quickly, can be booked beginning at 10 a .m. Thursday morning by phone (705-541-2332 or toll free at 1-800-469-2449). Phone lines will be open on March 18 and 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointments can also be booked online here.
The book an appointment online for the GFL Memorial Gardens clinic, you must select the Sault Ste. Marie - GFL Memorial Gardens tab. The link will be live beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday.
APH advises that you should speak with your health care provider before attending your appointment if you have one of the following conditions:
- have an autoimmune condition or are immunocompromised due to disease or treatment
Those with appointments are allowed to bring one support person with them to the clinic