Algoma Public Health (APH) confirmed another new case of COVID-19 in the Algoma District.
The report issued by APH states, "Anyone who travelled on Air Canada flight 8317 on Sept. 22, 2020, seated in rows 4-8 inclusive should contact Algoma Public Health at 705-759-5404 (toll-free 1-866-892-0172, ext. 5404) or their local public health unit."
According to APH, the individual in question was tested on Sept. 29 and is currently self-isolating.
• Close contacts have been notified
• Unknown exposure is evidence of ongoing community spread in Sault Ste. Marie & Area and in southern Ontario
• Anyone who is ill, even with mild symptoms, must stay home and self-isolate away from others
• Do not have close contact with others outside the immediate household of people you live with. This is part of new provincial public health measures announced today
• Avoid non-essential travel if possible. All returning international travellers must stay home for 14 days