The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service arrested one person Tuesday evening after officers seized narcotics and a number of weapons during the execution of a search warrant on Walters Street.
Seized items include firearms and ammunition, as well as suspected fentanyl, methamphetamine and heroin.
As a result, 41-year-old Travis Parsons was arrested and faces multiple weapons and drug charges.
Full text of a news release issued by the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service follows:
On March 21, 2023, Detectives from the Crime Suppression Unit and Drug Enforcement Unit charged 41-year-old Travis Parsons with weapon and drug charges.
Around 5:30 p.m. officers executed a search warrant at a residence in the 0-100 block of Walters Street. Upon entering the residence, the accused was arrested.
During a subsequent search, officers located:
• sawed-off double barrel shotgun
• sawed-off Mossburg rifle
• extended magazine with 25 rounds of ammunition
• 14 rounds of 12 gauge ammunition
• 25 rounds of .22 calibre ammunition
• 57 rounds of 9mm ammunition
• approximately 9.3 grams of a substance believed to be fentanyl
• approximately 9.5 grams of a substance believed to be methamphetamine
• approximately 4.6 grams of a substance believed to be heroin
• ID with a false name
• drug paraphernalia
The estimated street value of the drugs seized is $7,941. The accused is charged with:
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm x3
• Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device
• Possession of a firearm, a crossbow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, and/or ammunition while prohibited x7
• Possession of a firearm knowing possession is unauthorized x4
• Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking x2
• Possession of a controlled substance
• Breach of recognizance x7
• Identity documents
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.