Sault Police have arrested Taylor Reid in connection to a shooting incident that took place on Wellington Street West last week.
A news release issued today by the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service states that the victim suffered serious injuries as a result of the shooting.
Reid was arrested today, police say, and faces numerous weapons-related charges.
Full text of the Sault Police news release follows:
On Jan, 19, 2021 officers with Investigation Services arrested 32-year-old Taylor Reid in connection with the Jan. 13, 2021 shooting in the 200 block of Wellington Street West.
It is alleged on Jan. 13, 2021 the accused shot a male victim known to him. The victim was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
At 12:05 a.m. officers located the accused and he was arrested. After his arrest the accused attempted to flee from police in the 700 block of Great Northern Road. Officers quickly apprehended him.
He is charged with:
• Using a firearm while committing an offence;
• Careless use of a firearm;
• Pointing a firearm;
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose;
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm;
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized;
• Possession of a loaded firearm;
• Criminal negligence causing bodily harm; and
• Possession of a firearm, weapon or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order x4
He was held for bail court.