Orillia OPP have charged a man after he drove south in the northbound lanes of Highway 11 in Severn Township Sunday.
It was shortly after 3 a.m.when police were called about the SUV travelling south in the northbound lanes of Highway 11 near Bayou Road. Several Officers rushed to the area and found the wrong way vehicle.
Officers tried to stop it without success. After a short period of time, the vehicle was finally stopped on Laclie Street near Sundial Drive.
"Three police cruisers were damaged as the driver intentionally struck the cruisers on several occasions," stated Constable Scott Williams. "There were no injuries."
The lone male driver identified as Timothy Martyn, 35, of London was arrested and charged with:
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Flight while pursued by peace officer
- Driving while ability impaired - motor vehicle
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Drive wrong way - divided highway
- Fail to stop for police
Martyn was held in custody for a bail hearing where he was released on his own recognizance.