Police have arrested a Sault Ste. Marie man following a fail to stop and weapons-related occurrence on Tuesday.
Ontario Provincial Police say officers responded to a call for assistance around 12:56 p.m. from Sault Ste. Marie Police Service regarding an incident at a residence on Whitman Dam Road in Searchmont.
In a press release issued today, OPP say the vehicle involved in a fail to stop was parked at a residence on Whitman Dam Road. Police say the suspect entered an occupied residence brandishing a hatchet and exhibiting assaultive behaviour toward the occupants, who called 911.
Officers report the suspect continued assaultive behaviour toward them. Canine units and emergency response team units from both the OPP and Sault Police were called in.
As a result of the investigation, Luckee St. Pierre, 26, has been arrested and charged with:
- Break, enter a place - commit indictable offence, contrary to section 348(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code
- Assault with a weapon, contrary to section 267(a) of the Criminal Code, (two counts)
- Assault a peace officer with a weapon, contrary to section 270.01(a) of the Criminal Code, and
- Mischief - destroys or damages property, contrary to section 430(1)(a) of the Criminal Code, (three counts)
The accused was remanded into custody and scheduled to appear by video at the Ontario Court of Justice on March 3, 2021 in the City of Sault Ste Marie.