OPP charged a 31-year-old from Manitouwadge with mischief, resisting arrest and other offences. The full text of the release follows:
On May 9, 2022, shortly after 10:00 p.m., members from the Sault Ste Marie Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a disturbance at a residence on Fisher Trailer Park Road in Aweres Township.
Investigation determined an intoxicated individual attended the residence and smashed the entry door window and stormed into the residence without permission. The accused was located at another residence on Fisher Trailer Park Road and was arrested.
As a result, Nicholas Corbett, 31 years-of-age from Manitouwadge Township was charged with:
- Mischief Under $5000, contrary to section 430(4) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Unlawfully in Dwelling House, contrary to section 349(1) of the CC
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC
- Failure to Comply with Release Order-other than to attend court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the CC (four counts)
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC
The accused appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Sault Ste. Marie on May 10 and was remanded into custody.