Police have charged a a 60 year-old resident from the Municipality of Huron Shores after officers responded to a domestic disturbance call north of Thessalon.
A news release issued today by the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) states that the incident occurred shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday evening.
The accused, who was not named in the release, appeared in court yesterday and was charged with:
• Assault, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC);
• Mischief under $5,000, contrary to section 430(4) of the CC (three counts);
• Break, enter dwelling house - commit indictable offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC;
• Uttering threats - cause bodily harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC (two counts); and with
• Fail to comply with summons - fail to attend court, contrary to section 145(3) of the CC.
The accused was released by way of a Release Order.