SAULT COMMUNITY CAREER CENTRE
Your first step to a career in construction! The Sault Ste. Marie Construction Association and Sault Community Career Centre are excited to announce another Build This City construction fundamentals training program start date. The next training session starts Monday, August 22, 2022. Apply now! Space is limited.
Build This City gives job seekers free short-term construction fundamentals training and helps them get work and advance in the local construction sector. It gives local employers access to job-ready, skilled workers to meet their workforce needs and supports to train staff for advancement opportunities.
“I went through this program and learned too much to mention. It was engaging, and I was given many important safety tickets and some skills training, all free of charge. It would have cost me a fortune otherwise,” said Cole Purvis, currently working at Trimount Construction. “I recommend this program to anyone looking to get into construction or trades."
Free Support for Job Seekers:
- 8 weeks of free essential and technical skills training, delivered by experienced professionals that end in industry-recognized certificates or credentials
- Paid 2-week work placement with local industry employers
- One-on-one support that helps you move from training into local job and career opportunities
- Financial support to cover such things as work clothing, equipment, transportation, food
Eligible Job Seekers will be:
- Unemployed or working less than an average of 20 hours per week
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario and legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Refugee Claimant)
- Not participating in, or returning to, full-time training or education
Free Support for Employers:
- Financial support to offset additional supervisory or training costs for staff mentors to provide supervision to job seeker participants
- One-on-one support to ensure the success of participant placements
- Workers with the right skills you need to fill vacancies
- Help to reduce employee turnover
- Advancement opportunities for current staff through specialized training that meets your needs