Petaccio Trade (Jan. 8, 2013)
By Brad Coccimiglio
Ahead of Thursday's Ontario Hockey League trade deadline, the Soo Greyhounds announced a minor deal on Tuesday afternoon.
The Greyhounds have dealt forward Mark Petaccio to the Ottawa 67's. In return, the Greyhounds have acquired a ninth round pick (2013).
In 26 games with the Greyhounds this season, Petaccio had three goals.
Tuesday also saw a major deal completed between the Kitchener Rangers and Sudbury Wolves. The Wolves dealt defenceman Frank Corrado, forward Josh Leivo and overage goaltender Joel Vienneau to the Rangers along with the Wolves selection in the 2013 CHL Import Draft, and eighth round pick (2013), a sixth round pick (2015) and a conditional third round pick (2014). In return, the Wolves receive goaltender Franky Palazzese, defenceman Cory Genovese and rookie forward Matt Schmalz along with a fourth round pick (2016), a sixth round pick (2013), a seventh rounder (2014), a first round pick in the CHL Import Draft (2013) and a pair of conditional second round picks (2017 and 2019).
The Corrado trade comes one day after the Ottawa 67’s dealt high-end defenceman Cody Ceci to the Owen Sound Attack in a trade that saw Joseph Blandisi and Jacob Middleton dealt from Owen Sound to Ottawa.
Other deals completed sine the new year include:
- Jan. 4th: Windsor deals forward Jordan Maletta to Niagara IceDogs for a pair of conditional draft picks
- Jan. 5th: Belleville deals Sergey Kuptsov and two draft picks to the Ottawa 67’s for forward Tyler Graovac
- Jan. 6th: Kingston deals Mitchell Fitzmorris to the Niagara IceDogs for a pair of draft picks
- Jan 7th: Windsor deals Zach Lorentz to the Plymouth Whalers for Alex Aleardi
- Jan. 8th: Windsor deals two draft picks to the Ottawa 67’s for Remy Giftopoulos and a pick; Kitchener deals overage forward Nick Czinder and two draft picks to Peterborough for Derek Schoenmakers and a pick; Peterborough also dealt Francis Menard to the Brampton Battalion for a pair of draft picks.