What was originally scheduled at a three-game Ontario Hockey League road trip this week for the Soo Greyhounds is now a two-gamer.
The OHL announced late Monday afternoon that a pair of scheduled games between the Greyhounds and Flint Firebirds at the Dort Federal Event Center in Flint have been postponed.
The Greyhounds were scheduled to travel to Flint for games on Friday and Saturday nights.
Instead the team will head to Guelph to take on the Storm on Friday night to wrap up the trip, which opens Thursday night in Windsor against the Spitfires.
Though the league hasn’t officially announced the date of the Greyhounds/Storm meeting that Friday’s contest would take the place of, the Greyhounds have already played two of their three games in Guelph.
The lone remaining meeting between the two clubs on the schedule at the Sleeman Centre in Guelph is on Feb. 21.
Friday’s game between the Greyhounds and Storm takes the place of an originally scheduled game between the Storm and Saginaw Spirit, which was also scheduled to be played in Guelph.
The games between the Firebirds and Greyhounds will be rescheduled.
The schedule adjustments were among a slew of changes announced by the league on Monday.
A game between the Peterborough Petes and Niagara IceDogs, scheduled for Tuesday night in St. Catharines has been postponed due to COVID-19 protocols affecting the IceDogs.
Schedule adjustments led to four other games being postponed, including:
- Jan. 21 – Soo Greyhounds at Flint Firebirds
- Jan. 21 – Saginaw Spirit at Guelph Storm
- Jan. 22 – Soo Greyhounds at Flint Firebirds
- Jan. 25 – Sarnia Sting at Kitchener Rangers
Among the rescheduled games are
- Jan. 18 – Kingston Frontenacs at Oshawa Generals (from Dec. 19)
- Jan. 21 – Saginaw Spirit at Flint Firebirds (from TBD)
- Jan. 21 – Soo Greyhounds at Guelph Storm (from TBD)
- Jan. 22 – Kitchener Rangers at Flint Firebirds (from Jan. 12)
- Feb. 1 – Owen Sound Attack at Kitchener Rangers (from Dec. 31)
The league also announced a time change for Friday’s game between the Erie Otters and London Knights in London. Originally scheduled for 7 p.m., the game has been moved to 7:30 p.m.