It's been a long winter as usual, but the Downtown Association can see some light. And it wants all of Sault Ste. Marie to share the vision with Spring Thaw, a seven-day festival to welcome the world's return to life.
The whole thing is strung together by a downtown egg hunt, a colouring contest and food drive, all of which take place March 31-April 6, the duration of the event.
In between there is a shopping trip, a bunny pub crawl and a speed-dating night. It's called What a Drag, so you have to be 19 or older to take part in that one.
- Downtown Egg Hunt (March 31-April 6)
- Spring Thaw Colouring Contest (March 31-April 6)
- Spring Thaw Food Drive - Accepting dry and canned donations at participating businesses toSt. Vincent Place (March 31-April 6)
- Be a Bunny Storytime and Craft at SSMPL Centennial Library (March 31, 10a.m.)
- Speed Dating? What a Drag! at The Grand Theatre (March 31, 8 p.m. - 19+)
- Spring Thaw Hop & Shop - Downtown Queen Street (April 1)
- Ermatinger Old Stone House Egg Hunt (April 1)
- Great Lakes Outdoor Show at the Bushplane Museum (April 1-2)
- Spring Thaw Bunny Trail Pub Crawl (April 6)