ALGOMA PUBLIC HEALTH
• Mark’s Bay Beach North Entrance, located on the east side of Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie.
• Mark’s Bay Beach South Entrance, located on the east side of Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie, and
• Spruce Beach, located in Elliot Lake.
The test results of water samples taken the week of August 18, 2014 exceeded the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care bacteriological guidelines for safe swimming.
The Medical Officer of Health advises that this beach may have been unsafe for swimming at the time the sample was collected.
Algoma Public Health has lifted the swimming advisories for the follow beaches:
• Harmony Beach, located on Harmony Beach Road, and
• Beech Beach, located in Jocelyn Township, St. Joseph Island.
Test results of water samples collected during the week of August 18th, 2014 met the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care guidelines for safe swimming.
Before swimming, take into consideration the past day’s weather and the current conditions of the beach.
Swimming advisories do not close the beach or stop people from swimming.
To reduce your risk:
• avoid swallowing beach water
• towel off after a swim
• shower once at home
Learn more about recreational water. Join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter.