An organization that serves as a voice for the business community in the Sault is welcoming its new board of directors.
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce says its goal is to encourage innovation, growth and prosperity in the city by supporting initiatives that benefit local businesses.
For details about who will be on the board, and who will be the president, read the following news release:
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the recently elected board of directors, a group of esteemed professionals committed to advancing the interests of the local business community.
The Chamber recognizes its pivotal role in driving economic growth, providing advocacy for local enterprises, and cultivating a conducive business climate. The newly elected board of directors, a diverse team of experienced leaders, are poised to work together to address the evolving needs of the local business landscape.
"It is with immense honour and enthusiasm that I take on the position as the president of our vibrant and dynamic, Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber has evolved immensely in the past years. This growth has allowed individuals who were previously not represented at the Chamber to not only be welcomed into the network but to thrive here, build connections, and be elected to our board of directors as representatives of our members. It is a privilege to be able to continue the great work our chamber of commerce team has been achieving on behalf of our members and community," said Derek Jackson, president of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce.
"I am genuinely excited to collaborate with our board of directors, staff, and chamber members to continue our work as a chamber that reflects our shared values and aspirations."
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce looks forward to working closely with the new board, seeking opportunities for collaboration, sharing insights, and supporting initiatives that will benefit the local business community. Together, we aim to create an environment that encourages innovation, growth, and prosperity.
The newly elected 2023/2024 board of directors for the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce includes:
- Alyson MacLeod, Centre for Social Justice & Good Works / Sweet Change a Chocolate Company
- Dave Mornix, Kickstart Mental Health
- Kathryn Willet, Spadafora Johnson Lepore LLP
- Kerri Dool, K. Dool Social Work Professional Corporation
- Monique Morrison, Big Ups Consulting / Success with Digital
- Silvia Alves, Algoma Workforce Investment Corporation
We would also like to recognize our 2023/2024 executive committee as well as our returning board of directors:
- Derek Jackson, President, McDougall Energy
- Karen Bird, Immediate Past President, Nakehdan
- Jason Naccarato, Vice President, NorthStar Consulting
- La-Na Fragomeni, Treasurer, Arthur Funeral Home
- Sherry Berlinghoff, Secretary, SK Group
- Katrina McMeeken, Kemp World Travel
- Ian Grant, ATS: Algoma Technology Services
- Steven McCoy, GenCity Consulting
- Haroon Butt, Chair of Strive Young Professionals Group
- Carolyn Hepburn, Sault College
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce extends its warm congratulations to the newly elected and returning board members as they embark on their journey to serve the business community. We are confident that their dedication and vision will contribute significantly to the continued success of Sault Ste. Marie's business landscape.
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization comprised of 600 plus businesses and agencies in Sault Ste. Marie and has been serving the needs of this community since 1889. The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce will lead the way as the voice of business, advancing economic prosperity for its membership and the business community. Learn more about the SSMCOC at www.ssmcoc.com