Skip to content
-15.8 °Cforecast >
Partly Cloudy

Sault firefighters respond to fire in McNabb Street apartment (5 photos)

No injuries resulted from a small fire in an oven but the building had to be vented
0

Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services received a call reporting a fire in an apartment in the 600 block of McNabb Street on Sunday evening.

A tenant in a 12-unit, three-storey apartment building had a small fire in an oven in her unit. 

"We received the call at 20:23," said Platoon Chief Stan Martynuck. "When we arrived on scene the owner was waiting outside for us." 

The fire was out by the time Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services arrived the fire was extinguished but there was some considerable amount of smoke in the unit and the hallways near it, he said.

"We vented the building and checked for working smoke alarms," Martynuck said.

Ambulances also responded to the 911 call in case there were injuries but there were none. 

Tenants in the building were able to return to their units on Sunday evening.