Public Health Ontario reported 443 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 484 recoveries and no new deaths that have occurred in the last month.
Sunday's update also includes one death being removed from the cumulative total based on data cleaning.
The Oct. 17 updates provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:
- 3,898 active, lab-confirmed cases, down from 3,938 yesterday.
- 155 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 135 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 29 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- There are 74 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 19 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,830,407 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated
- The new cases reported today include 231 unvaccinated people, 20 partially vaccinated people, and 155 fully vaccinated people. Sunday's report includes 37 people whose vaccination status is not known
- Vaccination status of people hospitalized due to COVID-19 is not updated on Sunday and Monday due to incomplete data reporting by hospitals on weekends and holidays.
- The province reported 27,395 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 1.4 per cent positivity rate.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 594,862 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 581,151 recoveries and 9,813 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.