Skip to content

Ontario extends emergency orders to July 10

Restrictions on some sports training facilities lifted
USED 2019-01-02-flag
Miriam King/BradfordToday

The emergency orders in Ontario have been extended to July 10. 

According to the provincial announcement, it applies to all emergency orders that are currently in place, except restrictions limiting access to certain sport training facilities have been removed.

The government says extending the order is to make sure the regional gradual reopening of the province can continue.

"While we have made truly incredible progress in our fight against COVID-19, thanks to the collective efforts of our frontline heroes and the people of Ontario, we know that we must remain vigilant," said Premier Doug Ford in a news release. "These emergency orders will allow us to take action, if necessary, to ensure our continued success as we reopen our province and get more people back to work."

Some restrictions for indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities have been lifted.

The changes will allow for the training of amateur or professional athletes, or to run certain non-contact amateur and professional competitions. 

"In all cases, facility owners would only be able to permit activities to occur in a way that meets public health requirements. These changes will also enable many sports and recreational organizations around the province to again offer  sport training programming, helping more people return to sport in Ontario," reads the announcement.

Earlier this week, the state of emergency in Ontario was extended to July 15. This move allows the government to make or change emergency orders. 

More information on the status of emergency orders and what is is allowed to be open is available here.


Maija Hoggett

About the Author: Maija Hoggett

Maija Hoggett is an experienced journalist who covers Timmins and area
Read more



Comments