Firefighters with Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services responded to an east-end fire on Thursday morning.
Shortly after 6 a.m., crews were dispatched to a fire in a vulnerable occupancy in the 300 block of Trunk Road.
When firefighters arrived, they were directed to the kitchen area of the building where the fire had been extinguished prior to their arrival.
An investigation determined that the fire started due to combustibles being close to a kitchen appliance.
There was minimal fire damage though water damage was extensive.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire.