SooToday is thrilled to announce the winners of the Community Builders Awards, designed to honour outstanding members of our community who help make Sault Ste. Marie a better place to work, live and play.
As steadfast champions of local, we strive to support and uplift our community and that most certainly includes the innovative, resilient and inspiring people who make Sault Ste. Marie so special.
The Community Builders Awards is an initiative inherited by SooToday when Village Media acquired Sudbury.com, who hosted their own Community Builders Awards in Sudbury for the last eighteen years.
These awards recognize the incredible achievements of ten local people, organizations or businesses in ten different categories.
Without further ado, here are the first-ever winners of SooToday’s Community Builders Awards:
- Arts - Denine Williams (Sponsored by Savoy's)
- Economic Development - Tony Porco (Sponsored by LBMX)
- Education - Krista McCracken (Sponsored by Tenaris Algoma Tubes)
- Environment - Dr. Jody Rebek (Sponsored by Community First, a Division of YNCU)
- Hall of Fame - Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie (Sponsored by Superior Auto Group)
- Health Care - Zonta Club of Sault Ste. Marie (Sponsored by Group Health Centre)
- Legacy Award - Susan Barber (Sponsored by Northwood Funeral Home)
- Sports and Recreation - Nick Brash (Sponsored by IDA Drug Mart)
- Unsung Hero - Colleen Grisdale (Sponsored by Algoma University)
- Young Leader - Marek McLeod (Sponsored by Northern Credit Union)
Detailed winner profiles will be featured on SooToday and shared on www.cbawards.ca in the coming weeks. Congratulations to all of the extraordinary winners!