HABITAT FOR HUMANITY SAULT STE. MARIE AND AREA
Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area presents the Great Dog House Build!
The Great Dog House Build is a Habitat for Humanity fundraiser that invites businesses and groups in the community to show off their creativity by building a custom doghouse. This year, this event will be held in conjunction with the Humane Society’s Pawfest.
The event will run on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Bondar Pavilion.
The event itself will be free to the public and furry friends are welcomed!
The general public will be able to view these doghouses the day of the event and then bid to win their favourite at 2 p.m. immediately following the Pawfest dog walk. Proceeds will go towards helping to build safe and decent housing for deserving families in Sault Ste. Marie with 20 per cent of the auction proceeds being donated to Sault Ste. Marie Humane Society for the animals in their care.
How it works:
- Local businesses and groups are asked to fill out the registration package and return along with a minimum of $250 in pledges per team. Once this is received by Habitat for Humanity, the group will be given a basic doghouse kit courtesy of Soo Mill Buildall and challenged to make a unique, creative and functioning doghouse to be auctioned off.
- Local businesses and groups participating will be provided with a table to set up with information on the business/group building the doghouse as well as a feature on our social media along with a dog who is in need of their forever home.
- First 12 teams to bring in their package and pledges by Aug. 14 get a free basic kit
- Add to the basic kit to create an original doghouse
- Set up at the Bondar Pavilion by 10 a.m. on Sept. 14
- Doghouse voted best in show by the general public wins $1,000 worth of free advertising donated by Superior Media
How to enter:
Pick up a registration package at the ReStore, 32 White Oak Dr. E., or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-941-9646 ext. 224.
Habitat for Humanity provides security, self-reliance and independence through affordable homeownership for local families