As of 4:45 p.m., Algoma Public Health hasn't reported any news cases of COVID-19.
However, two new COVID-19 cases were reported last night.
Here's the latest on new cases in Algoma
Here are the latest COVID-19 numbers from Algoma Public Health, updated today at 1:35 p.m.:
- 133,251 tested
- 338 confirmed
- 28 (2)* active cases
- 1 (2) currently hospitalized
- 310 resolved
- 4 deceased
- 59 cases screened positive for variants of concern
According to data on howsmyflattening.ca, a University of Toronto-led website which collects and analyzes data from Ontario's COVID-19 cases, 44 per cent of ICU beds in Algoma Public Health's jurisdiction are currently occupied, two of which are COVID patients.
The data also describes the community risk level for COVID-19 in our region as 'low.'
Total confirmed cases by area of residence:
- 261 in Sault Ste. Marie and area
- 50 in central and east Algoma
- 23 in Elliot Lake and area
- 4 in north Algoma
Comparatively, in Chippewa County, which covers Sault Ste. Marie Mich. and surrounding area, the COVID-19 data as of Tuesday states:
- 2,374 cumulative positives
- 2,046 cumulative recovered
- 32 deaths
- 4 cases currently hospitalized
Here's the latest on COVID-19 vaccinations in Algoma
Algoma Public Health is continuing in phase one and is expanding into phase two of of Ontario's 3 Phase Vaccine Distribution Program. As of today at 11:12 a.m.:
- 40,827 total doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered (37,093 Algoma residents, which is 38.3 per cent of eligible residents 16+ or 32.4 per cent of all residents)
- 33,359 people have received their first dose (This number represents 34.5 per cent of eligible residents 16+, and 29.2 per cent of all residents)
- 3,734 Algoma residents have been fully immunized with first and second doses (This number represents 3.9 per cent of eligible residents 16+, and 3.3 per cent of all residents)