No new cases of COVID-19 have been reported today.
However, the health unit reported one new case of the virus last night in the Sault area.
Here are the latest COVID-19 numbers from Algoma Public Health, updated at 1:57 p.m. today:
- 118,366 tested
- 248 confirmed
- 22 active cases
- 1 currently hospitalized
- 226 resolved
- 4 deceased
According howsmyflattening.ca, a University of Toronto-led website which collects and analyzes data from Ontario's COVID-19 cases, 56 per cent of ICU beds in Algoma Public Health's jurisdiction are currently occupied. The data states there are no patients currently in the ICU with the virus.
The data also describes the community risk level for COVID-19 in our region as 'low.'
Total confirmed cases by area of residence:
- 180 in Sault Ste. Marie and area, with evidence of community spread
- 47 in central and east Algoma
- 18 in Elliot Lake and area
- 3 in north Algoma
In terms of schools with recent COVID-19 cases, there have been two confirmed cases at St. Mary's College and one linked to Korah Collegiate and Vocational School within the last 14 days.
There are currently no active cases in non-Algoma residents temporarily in the region, and no new Variants of Concern have been reported.
Algoma Public Health is in Phase 1 of Ontario's 3 Phase Vaccine Distribution Program. As of 9:56 a.m.:
- 24,475 total doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered (22,762 people, which is 23.53 per cent of eligible residents 16+ or 19.89 per cent of all residents)*
- 21,049 people have received their first dose (21.67 per cent of eligible residents 16+, or 18.39 per cent of all residents)
- 1,713 people are fully vaccinated (1.77 per cent of eligible residents 16+, or 1.50 per cent of all residents)
* On Sunday, it was reported that 21,103 people received their first dose. Today's report says 21,049 people have received their first dose. APH has confirmed that one clinic reported 54 doses as first doses, but they ended up later being confirmed as second doses, which resulted in a decrease in the number of people who have recieved their first doses and increase of people who have received their second doses.
Comparatively, in Chippewa County, which covers Sault Ste. Marie Mich. and surrounding area, the COVID-19 data as of Tuesday states:
- 2,124 cumulative positives
- 1,752 cumulative recovered
- 30 deaths
- 4 case currently hospitalized