If you enjoy dining out, trivia and musical theatre then you’ll love this.
Superior Heights Collegiate is organizing a ‘Dinner and Trivia Night’ fundraiser in advance of the high school’s Superior Heights OnStage production of The SpongeBob Musical to be held March 1-4 at the Sault Community Theatre Centre.
The SpongeBob Fundraiser will take place on Thursday Feb. 9 in the Cafetorium at Superior Heights. The doors will open to guests at 6 p.m. with dinner served at 6:30 p.m.
The Trivia Night portion of the event will begin at 7 p.m. with musical entertainment running throughout the evening.
The evening will include a SpongeBob-inspired theme to dinner, live musical entertainment from the school’s rock bands and vocal department and a Trivia Night competition where guests can work solo or in teams, wrote Anthony Aceti, Superior Heights music teacher in an email.
Funds raised by the event will go towards supporting the musical theatre and culinary arts programs at Superior Heights.
Jason Zachary, Superior Heights culinary arts teacher, has prepared the menu for the evening and his students will prepare, serve and host the dinner.
The menu is inspired by the popular cartoon SpongeBob SquarePants, its characters, setting, and nautical theme and includes:
- Mini Krabby Patty Sliders (vegetarian, beef and chicken) on brioche pretzel roll with red leaf lettuce, tomato, pickles and secret sauce
- Gourmet Krusty Dogs (beef hot dogs and Pino's Italian sausage) on brioche style buns
- Plankton’s French Fry Chum Buckets with assorted french fries and assorted dips
- Rock Bottom Seafood seaweed and tiny new potato salad
- Bikini Bottom Shell Shaped Pasta Salad with mixed greens, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and black olives with raspberry-balsamic dressing and parmesan cheese
- The Flying Dutchman Treasure Chest with assorted raw and steamed vegetables, served with blue cheese artichoke and ranch dipping sauces
- SpongeBob Cupcakes and fresh sludge pudding
- SpongeBob Punch
Entertainment for the evening, overseen by Aceti, will include background music from Superior Heights rock band Hawk and Roll and a preview performance from The SpongeBob Musical.
Attendees can compete for prizes, including swag bags from Superior Heights and tickets to the school musical.
The Trivia Night will centre on classic television and pop culture, with a special focus on SpongeBob SquarePants.
Tickets for dinner, live entertainment and trivia are $20 for adults and $15 for children under 12.
Seating is limited and tickets must be purchased in advance.
They can be purchased at the Superior Heights main office, by calling (705) 945-7177 or online.
Tickets for The SpongeBob Musical are $20 for adults, $12 for students and seniors and can be purchased at the Superior Heights main office, by calling (705) 945-7177 or online.