Skip to content

The first canal on this site was built in 1798 to help water traffic bypass the rapids. All boats were destined for the North West Trading Company and then eventually to Clergue's paper Mill. This area is now one of Northern Ontario’s premier destination for Dining, Entertainment and Tourist attractions.

The Canal District includes:

  • The Sault Ste Marie Canal
  • The Algoma Conservatory
  • The Machine Shop
  • The Rink
  • The Train Station
  • The Mill Steakhouse
  • The Boiler Room
  • The Gelato Mill
  • The Block House Pub
  • The Outfitters
  • The Out Spoken Brewery