Places in the Sault are reopening their doors as the city continues into Stage 3 of the province's framework.
As of Tuesday, programming at the John Rhodes will expand, including the opening of the indoor pool, outdoor pools and meeting rooms.
This expanded programming includes:
- The Manzo and Greco outdoor pools will increase its hours of operation from 1.5 hours to 3 hours (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.). The maximum number of swimmers will increase from 10-15 to 20-30. The outdoor pools will remain closed on weekends.
- Indoor Aquabics classes at the John Rhodes Community Centre pool will start four times per week with a maximum of 16 participants. Users can book two days in advance.
- Lane swims and parent and child swims programming will now be offered in the evenings.
- Participants will be limited to 50 individuals at the John Rhodes Community Centre pool.
- In Stage 3, locker rooms, change rooms and showers in the facility remain open. Enhanced cleaning measures will take place following each use of change rooms.
- Meeting rooms above the pool will have limited availability for booking. Rigorous cleaning protocols remain in place.
- All programming will continue to be on a call and book basis. No weekend programming.
- City employees and members of the public who enter or remain in a City facility must wear a mask or face covering. Exceptions include children under the age of two, those with respiratory or medical conditions that make it difficult to wear a mask or those who have difficulty putting a mask on themselves. Swimmers in the pool are not required to wear a mask. Refer to on-site signage and instructions.
Last week, restrictions were loosened at the Rhodes which allowed for amateur and recreational sports leagues to resume.
More information on that can be found here.