Public Health Ontario has confirmed 95 new cases of COVID-19, and 134 more recoveries in the province today.
For the first time since Saturday, the province has also confirmed a new death related to the coronavirus. The individual was over 80 years old.
A breakdown in new cases per health unit shows there were 96 new cases reported today, but one health unit removed a previously-reported case from the list, bringing the total increase in cases to 95.
For the month of August, the province has reported fewer than 100 new cases nine out of 12 days.
Of today's new cases, 48 were reported by three health units. Peel reported 16 new cases, Toronto reported 19, and Ottawa reported 13 new cases.
The data included in the daily summaries from Public Health Ontario is collected from health units at 4:30 p.m. the day before the report is released (today's new cases were reported by health units yesterday).
About 67 per cent of the new cases reported today were individuals between 20 and 59 years old.
According to the data provided in the provincial epidemiological summary there are 912 lab-confirmed active cases of COVID-19 in Ontario, and 49 of those individuals are hospitalized. There are 20 patients in intensive care with COVId, including 10 patients on ventilators.
Public Health Ontario reported another 24,572 tests processed since yesterday's report.
The province has confirmed a total of 40,289 cases of the coronavirus since the pandemic began, and has reported 36,590 of those cases resolved (90.8 per cent). Ontario has reported 2,787 deaths related to COVID, which is 6.9 per cent of all lab-confirmed cases.
- Algoma Public Health: 27 cases, rate of 23.6 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit: 37 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases.
- Porcupine Health Unit: 72, rate of 86.3 per 100,000 population. There is one known active case.
- Public Health Sudbury and Districts: 92 cases, rate of 45.2 per 100,000 population. There are 19 known active cases.
- Timiskaming Health Unit: 19 cases, rate of 58.1 per 100,000. There are no known active cases.
- Northwestern Health Unit: 44 cases, rate of 50.2 per 100,000. There is one known active case.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit: 100 cases, rate of 66 per 100,000. There are two known active cases.