Cineplex has announced plans to reopen some screens across Ontario on Friday, after nearly four months with screens darkened.
However, the company's Sault Ste. Marie location did not make the list.
The company was given the go-ahead earlier this month by the province to reopen theatres, but Cineplex chose not to do so because of indoor gathering locations due to COVID-19.
The province initially said only 50 people, plus employees, would be allowed inside theatre complexes at any given time. The Ford government says it will amend the rule to allow 50 people per auditorium.
Of the 25, Sudbury is the only Northern Ontario location on the initial list of theatres that will welcome back customers on Friday.
According to guidelines listed on Cineplex's website, the company will have reduced seating in each theatre and there will be enhanced cleaning procedures as well as debit and credit payments only. Movie times will also be staggered to avoid overcrowding.
Food options will also be limited, and tickets must be purchased online.
The company has said it expects to reopen the rest of its Ontario locations over the next several weeks.