Algoma Public Health has not reported any new cases within its jurisdiction since Thursday.
Here are the latest COVID-19 numbers from Algoma Public Health, updated at 1:30 p.m. today:
- 102,358 tested
- 200 confirmed
- 5 active case
- 1 currently hospitalized
- 195 resolved
- 4 deceased
According howsmyflattening.ca, a University of Toronto-led website which collects and analyzes data from Ontario's COVID-19 cases, 86 per cent of ICU beds in Algoma Public Health's jurisdiction are currently occupied. The data states that one COVID patient is in the ICU within our district.
The data also describes the community risk level for COVID-19 in our region as 'very low.'
Total confirmed cases by area of residence:
- 147 in Sault Ste. Marie and area, with evidence of community spread
- 35 in central and east Algoma
- 15 in Elliot Lake and area
- 3 in north Algoma
There are no active cases in non-Algoma residents temporarily in the region.
Algoma Public Health is in Phase 1 of Ontario's 3 Phase Vaccine Distribution Program. As of this morning at 8:40 a.m.:
- 4,739 total doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered
- 4,154 people have received their first dose (4.3 per cent of people)
- 585 people are fully vaccinated (0.6 per cent of people)
Comparatively, in Chippewa County, which covers Sault Ste. Marie Mich. and surrounding area, the COVID-19 data as of Friday states:
- 1,777 cumulative positives
- 1,694 cumulative recovered
- 27 deaths
- 0 cases currently hospitalized