Roughly 43 per cent of all positive cases of COVID-19 in the Algoma region are under the age of 40, according to data pulled from an Ontario government website.
The data on the website shows both the age and gender of all confirmed cases in the province, providing additional details on positive cases in the region that are not shared publicly by Algoma Public Health.
Of all 56 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the region since March 16:
- A total of 31 females (55.4 per cent) and 25 males (44.6 per cent) have tested positive for the virus
- 12 cases are in the 20-29 age group (nine female, two male)
- 10 cases are in the 60-69 age group (four female, six male)
- Nine cases are in the 40-49 age group (six female, three male)
- Eight cases are in the 30-39 age group (four female, four male)
- Seven cases are in the 50-59 age group (four female, three male)
- Four cases are under 20 years of age (two female, two male)
- Four cases are in the 70-79age group (three female, one male)
- Two cases are in the 90-99+ age group (one female, one male)
According to data from the province, 41 per cent of all confirmed cases in the Algoma Public Health region have been reported during the months of October and November.