Crime Stoppers of Sault Ste Marie and Algoma District is seeking a new member for our Board of Directors! This is a rewarding
opportunity to give back to your community, meet new people and assist in the governance of the organization.
ABOUT CRIME STOPPERS OF SAULT STE MARIE & ALGOMA DISTRICT:
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: Crime Stoppers is a partnership of the public, police, and media, which provides the community with a proactive program to anonymously assist in solving crimes and contribute to an improved quality of life.
Our purpose is to provide a safe and secure community through justice, for our children and children’s children.
Crime Stoppers is a not-for-profit corporation funded by tax-deductible donations from local businesses and private citizens, at no cost to taxpayers.
A prospective director must be:
● 18 years old
● Available for 5-10 hours per month
● Not a member of law enforcement, a criminal justice official, a government official, or an
● Be willing to undergo a thorough background check and screening
● Committed to the mission and vision of the Crime Stoppers Organization
As a director, you will be responsible for:
● Upholding the bylaws of the organization
● Attending monthly board meetings
● Attending and assisting with planning fundraising events and activities
● Represent Crime Stoppers in the community with honesty and integrity
● Serve on one or more committees
● Offer your expertise to inform board discussions and decisions
All directors will have a 3-month probationary period and are provided with the organization's bylaws, policies, and previous minutes to become familiar with our organization and how we operate. Within this same time frame, directors will have a training and information session with the Coordinators
and a second training session with the Membership Committee. All directors will have mentors for any questions or training needs.
How to apply:
Please submit a letter of intent, application, and resume to the attention of the Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form can be downloaded on our website www.saultcrimestoppers.com