Sault Ste. Marie, ON
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking Transportation Driver Volunteers for the Community Health and Wellness Department. Reporting to the Community Support Services Coordinators.
• Abide by all policies, procedures and practices ensuring the safety of all concerned; including securement of mobility aids, circle checks, mileage and route documentation
• Drive clients to designated destinations based on pre-scheduled routes, ensuring their safe and punctual arrival
• Follow all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment
• Ensure that the exterior and interior of vehicles are clean and presentable to clients and the public
• Perform safety and security checks of clients, and report any concerns of deteriorating health and/or other needs to the Program Coordinator
• If Personal Vehicles are used, Drivers are reimbursed $0.45 per km and will need to ensure the proper monthly documentation is submitted for reimbursement
• Complete all training as required
• Perform other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2 years driving experience with a valid G Ontario driver’s license
• Minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance (if using personal vehicle)
• Standard First Aid Certificate (Training provided)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to be on-call and accept ‘last-minute’ ride requests an asset
• Good working knowledge of the Sault Ste. Marie area
• Good driving record – driver’s abstract with 3 demerits or less
• The majority of the work is performed independently with minimal supervision. The driver will be responsible to come to the CRC Branch to submit and/or receive necessary paperwork and to complete training.
• Driving in the Sault Ste. Marie area in various weather conditions.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
Interested individuals may apply at:
The Canadian Red Cross Society
Sault Ste. Marie Branch
5-475 Trunk Rd.
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 3T1