Assist with identifying or verifying required maintenance work, interpreting contracts, scheduling and coordinating in-house or sub-contractor work and ensuring work meets contract specifications. Assists with ensuring all aspects of the contract are coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure services provided are in compliance with approved performance standards
- Assist the Area Maintenance Coordinator with performing condition assessments of pavements, signs, guardrails, bridges, vegetation and other contract requirements. Assist with scheduling and coordinating work to be performed.
- Assist the Area Maintenance Coordinator with inspecting completed work performed by ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Assist the Area Maintenance Coordinator with the development and performance management of all patrol staff
- Assist with managing, monitoring and controlling highway project assets and materials
- Identify opportunities for changes and improvements in work methods, processes, efficiency and cost reduction
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion and entry of work reporting and timesheets
- Responsible for purchasing supplies and maintaining an inventory of all supplies within the assigned patrol area
- Assist with coordinating and tracking all required new hire training and ongoing required safety and work standard training
- Assist with inspection, calibration and repair of fleet
- Investigating and reporting on all accidents/incidents
- Responsible for completing and updating schedules for winter staff to ensure compliance of the Collective Agreement.
- Acting Area Maintenance Coordinator in the Area Maintenance Coordinators absence
- All other duties as assigned by the Area Maintenance Coordinator
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Secondary School Diploma (minimum), equivalent work experience will be taken into consideration
- Minimum three years’ work experience in construction and/or road maintenance industry (preferred). Previous supervisory experience is required.
Valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record (required)
The employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment
- The incumbent will split working time between office and field work.
- The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time. Use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and sometimes high.
Email name and phone number to (put snow in subject line): email@example.com