Position: Structural Technician/Technologist
Competition ID: StructuralTech-SSM-032021
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Office
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from fifteen offices throughout Canada. We are innovative in our approach and whenever possible utilize emerging technologies to improve both the efficiency and quality of our work. This approach, along with our extreme work ethic, makes us a service provider of choice for many clients. If you are looking for a challenging role in a supportive environment, made up of dedicated professionals, you may want to consider joining our great team!
The Structural Engineering Team at TULLOCH offers services to private and government sector clients throughout Ontario. We provide engineering solutions for bridges, buildings, and utility scale power generating facilities.
We are currently looking for a full time Structural Technician/Technologist to join our Sault Ste. Marie team. This is a permanent full-time position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found.
• Preliminary and detailed design and specifications for structural projects (i.e. transportation structures, commercial, residential, and industrial buildings)
• Contract drawing preparation, specification writing, and tender quantity estimating
• Detailed designs and contract packages in accordance with our client's needs and current applicable standards
• Participation in public and stakeholder consultation may be required
• Preparation of technical reports and proposals related to structural assignments
• Undertake field measurements and participate in some field inspections and contract administration
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and construction of structural works
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in the use of appropriate analytical and design software and you will have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
• Extensive Building Code knowledge and/or a BCIN is considered an asset
• Ability to supervise and lead junior technical staff in a multi-tasked, fast-paced, team environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License
• Willing to travel for field work
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID: StructuralTech-SSM-032021 on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”