Position: Structural Engineer
Competition ID: StructuralPEng-SSM/Sudbury-032021
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury Office
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from fifteen offices throughout Canada. We are innovative in our approach and whenever possible utilize emerging technologies to improve both the efficiency and quality of our work. This approach, along with our extreme work ethic, makes us a service provider of choice for many clients. If you are looking for a challenging role in a supportive environment, made up of dedicated professionals, you may want to consider joining our great team!
The Structural Engineering Team at TULLOCH offers services to private and government sector clients throughout Ontario. We provide engineering solutions for bridges, buildings, and utility scale power generating facilities.
We are currently looking for a full time Structural Engineer to join our Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury team. This is a permanent full-time position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found.
• University degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario is required
• Bridge Design Experience an asset
• Class “G” driver’s license is required
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational skills, strong work ethic, problem solving and decision-making skills, self-initiative and eagerness to learn
• Design and analysis of buildings and bridges and other new and existing structures
• Checking, reviewing and approving technical deliverables including reports, technical notes, drawings and engineering calculations
• Preparing plans, specifications, supporting documents and reports in accordance with applicable design standards
• Preparing tenders, proposals and cost estimates
• Project and team management
• Strong client liaison and communications
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID: StructuralPEng-SSM/Sudbury-032021 on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”