Position: Environmental Engineer
Competition ID: EnvPEng-SSM/Sudbury-032021
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury Office
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from fifteen offices throughout Canada. We are innovative in our approach and whenever possible utilize emerging technologies to improve both the efficiency and quality of our work. This approach, along with our extreme work ethic, makes us a service provider of choice for many clients. If you are looking for a challenging role in a supportive environment, made up of dedicated professionals, you may want to consider joining our great team!
The Engineering Team at TULLOCH offers services to private and government sector clients throughout Ontario. We provide engineering solutions for infrastructure, bridges, buildings, and utility scale power generating facilities. Our team is known for innovative thinking and maintaining client satisfaction through quality and timely work. The work environment is fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.
We are currently looking for a full time Intermediate/Senior Environmental Engineer to join our Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury team. This is a permanent full-time position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Environmental Investigation, Remediation and Risk Assessment support.
• University degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering;
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) in Ontario is required. Licensing in other provinces within Canada is considered an asset;
• Over 10 years of consulting experience in the environmental field in Ontario;
• Class “G” driver’s license is required;
• Solid written and verbal communication skills;
• Organizational skills, strong work ethic, problem solving and decision-making skills, self-initiative and eagerness to learn.
• Provide leadership, training, and operational support to junior and intermediate staff in the areas of environmental site assessment, remediation and/or risk assessment, as applicable, within the framework of Ontario Regulation 153/04;
• Serve as a resource in your field of expertise;
• Analyze and prepare documentation, presentations and review reports for internal and external stakeholders;
• Engage with other senior members within the firm to advance our brand and standing with clients;
• Thorough knowledge of provincial (Ontario Regulation 153/04, Ontario Regulation 406/19, Ontario Regulation 407/19, etc.), and federal (CCME) guidelines for contaminated site assessments;
• Extensive experience in contaminated site investigations (Phase I and II ESAs) is a requirement;
• Extensive experience completing Records of Site Condition (Phase I, Phase II and Remediation);
• Extensive experience in soil and groundwater remediation;
• Extensive experience in preparing Risk Management Plans is considered an asset;
• Extensive experience in Solid Waste Management Environmental Compliance Approvals, Compliance Monitoring Programs and Landfill Closure Plans is considered an asset;
• Working knowledge of designated substance surveys, asbestos and lead abatement and indoor air quality assessments is considered an asset.
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID: EnvPEng-SSM/Sudbury-032021 on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”