Position: Civil EIT/Junior Engineer
Competition ID: EITSSM 112020
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Office
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive, multi-disciplinary firm that believes in maintaining a family-oriented feel. We seek out opportunities to work on unique projects and thrive under the most challenging conditions where we bring a passion for finding solutions and a fierce enthusiasm in implementing them. Our employees are dedicated to quality and often go the extra mile to fulfill client requests and to meet these requests with a devotion seldom found in the industry. We are excited about our work in the fields of engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 300 professionals working from fourteen offices throughout Canada
The Civil Engineering Team at TULLOCH offers services to private and government sector clients throughout Ontario and across Canada. We provide solutions over a diverse range of engineering including Municipal, Transportation, Environmental, Drainage and Hydrology, Land Development and Utility Scale Renewable Energy Facilities. Our team is known for innovative thinking and maintaining client satisfaction through quality and timely work. The work environment is fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.
We are currently looking for a full time Civil EIT/Junior Engineer to join our Sault Ste. Marie team. This is a permanent full-time position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found.
• University degree in Civil Engineering;
• Civil EIT with Professional Engineers Ontario; P. Eng., license is an asset;
• 1-5 years of experience in the civil consulting industry;
• Solid written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated organizational skills, strong work ethic, problem solving and decision-making skills, self-initiative and eagerness to learn;
• Strong client liaison and communications;
• Class “G” driver’s license is required and willingness to travel.
• Pre-Engineering inspections and surveys;
• Completing, checking and reviewing technical deliverables including reports, technical notes, drawings and engineering calculations;
• Preparing plans, proposals, specifications, supporting documents, reports and permit applications;
• Storm water management, drainage and hydrology, wastewater conveyance, potable water distribution, earthworks, transportation, cost estimating, and other supporting areas;
• Site Plan preparation including site services, grading, drainage and storm water management plans;
• On-site sewage disposal systems and private water supplies;
• Preliminary and final linear infrastructure, road and street design;
• Subdivision development – draft plans of subdivision, site servicing, grading, drainage and subdivision agreements;
• Construction Inspection;
• Assisting with Project Management and Construction Administration.
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID: EITSSM 112020 on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”