Algoma Power Inc., (“API”) a FortisOntario Company, provides electrical distribution to approximately 12,000 customers in the District of Algoma. API is a subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc. which is headquartered in Fort Erie and has operations in electricity transmission and distribution primarily located in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Cornwall, Gananoque and the district of Algoma. API has an employment opportunity, working out of our Sault Ste. Marie Service Centre, for a:
SUPERVISOR TECHNICAL SERVICES
The incumbent will:
- Provide leadership and supervision to the areas of SCADA, protection and control, substation maintenance and all aspects of metering services.
- Supervise and coordinate the design, installation, testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair of substation and related technical systems.
- Oversee various engineering projects including power quality investigations, system automation, station coordination as well as technical studies and reports in collaboration with Engineering, Planning and Operations.
- Play a key role in promoting Health, Safety and Environment ensuring that high standards of safety and environmental compliance are maintained.
- Support the standardization of equipment and work methods, foster positive labour relations, develop and maintain budgets, and seek process improvement opportunities.
- Support Operations by providing On Call duties on a scheduled rotation basis.
The ideal candidate shall have the following minimum qualifications:
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or Certified Engineering Technologist in the province of Ontario.
- Sound knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in SCADA, protection, control, communication, substation, system automation, and metering systems.
- Thorough understanding of equipment, standards, and practices applicable to this type of work, and applicable regulatory codes.
- Proficient in computer applications, such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Formal certification and demonstrated competency in Utility Work Protection Code and Electrical Utility Safety Rules.
- Minimum ten years related experience, with at least five years demonstrated leadership experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to Human Resources no later than October 25, 2019 by 4:00PM via e-mail to HR@FortisOntario.com. Please indicate “SPVR TECH SERVICES” in the subject line.
Algoma Power Inc. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the recruitment cycle.
Algoma Power Inc. is an inclusive employer and committed to Accessibility