Lallemand Inc. is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company operates ten business units: Animal Nutrition, Baking, Bio-Ingredients, Biofuels & Distilled Spirits, Brewing, Health Solutions, Manufacturing & Specialty Cultures, Oenology, Pharma, and Plant Care. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada and for the Plant Care business unit in Toulouse, France.
Yeast, bacteria, and fungi: micro-organisms have always lived in harmony with plants, and they are now being recognized for their many agricultural benefits. As an international specialist in micro-organisms, Lallemand Plant Care carefully selects strains for agricultural use, in order to improve plant nutrition, health, and productivity.
Joining the Lallemand Plant Care team means collaborating with people who work passionately to develop sustainable, efficient, and clean solutions for agriculture professionals, green spaces, and the forestry sector. We are regularly looking to recruit new talent across the globe to help support our commercial, logistical, marketing, production, and research and development efforts.
Reporting to the Technical Marketing Manager of Lallemand Plant Care in Canada, you will assist our applied R&D team and be responsible for independently executing, troubleshooting and optimizing laboratory and greenhouse research trials using beneficial fungi, bacteria, yeast and plant stimulating extracts.
Task associated with this position also include to, but may not be limited to:
- Performing greenhouse trials and growth chamber plant-microbiome studies
- Develop or modifying experimental protocols as needed, from literature reviews, consultation with other scientists
- Executing aseptic laboratory techniques to culture and enumerate fungi, yeast and/or bacteria
- Initiate communication with required staff and business units as needed to coordinate project activities effectively
- Generate oral and written reports as necessary to summarize laboratory activities and projects
- Have knowledge of and execute basic statistical data analyses
- Maintain records of laboratory activities and notebooks in a professional and accurate manner
- Provide recommendations and observations to staff and management on results of projects/tasks
- Contribute to the technical marketing and commercialization strategy of our product portfolio
- Master’s Degree in Plant Pathology or Plant-Microbe Interactions and/or a related field
- Experience in laboratory and growth chamber and/or greenhouse environment and practices
- A demonstrated ability to design experiments and do careful and meticulous experimentation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets and critically evaluate scientific research results
- Sound knowledge surrounding plant-microbe interactions
- Superior organizational skills to use time productively, maximize efficiencies, and meet deadlines
- Strong written communication skills, including experience in writing comprehensive reports, and proposals
- Proficiency in statistical data analyses using software packages
- Demonstrated ability to execute and complete projects
- Organized and reliable; able to juggle multiple streams of work, keep things on track and consistently meet deadlines for processing work, with a strong attention to detail
- Not afraid to speak up and make suggestions for areas for improvement
- Self-aware, reflective, and able to learn from mistakes. Shows an ability to learn quickly while on the job and through formal training
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal skills and team work
Personal strengths required:
- Desire to learn continuously
- Excellent work ethic
- Ethical and honest
- Logical with strong common sense
- Enthusiastic personality
- Sense of initiative
- Large sense of autonomy
- Great team spirit
- Detail oriented
Is this offer for you? Apply now to:
Please send your resume and cover letter, along with, two professional references to Carrie Morin, Administrative Assistant & Customer Support Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in our organization, please note that for reasons of treatment volume, only retained candidates will be contacted