PRODUCT AND DESIGN CONSULTANT
Mio’s Furniture Fashions is seeking a full-time Product and Design Consultant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and inspired individual with experience in home furnishings and design, and has a proven track record of success in sales.
The candidate must possess a charismatic attitude, fulfill our company values, and help our clients enjoy the design process.
The candidate will need to work flexible hours, and have a valid driver’s licence to travel to customer homes, suppliers, etc.
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication, and an effective listener
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with confidence
- Adaptable to change
- Creative nature
- Exceptional time management
- Professional and courteous disposition, who is customer focused, results oriented, and will provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain good client relationship and rapport
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team to develop design solutions
- Adept problem-solver
- Strongly organized in the planning and execution of work tasks and able to multi-task
- Diligent and dedicated worker who is committed to achieving the best outcomes, and appreciates quality workmanship and detail orientation
- Strong graphic presentation skills
Experience, Knowledge, and Education:
- Knowledge of current products, brands, trends, and technologies
- Strength in colour theory and composition
- Some knowledge of window treatment and soft furnishings design
- Some knowledge of textiles, and custom furniture
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Design is an asset
- Certificate/Qualification in Interior Design is an asset
- Proficient in word processing, email, social media
- Assist clients with the material and furnishings selection process, managing budgets, analysis of specifications for material and fixture selections, resolving selection issues, communicating with clients, coordinating with suppliers
- Provide in-home consults
- Prepare furniture schedules and respective costing
- Research continually to keep design skills up-to-date with new concepts in colour, style, and trends
- Create visual concept boards, and source furniture, fabrics, hard finishes, case goods, lighting, etc.
- Create unique, innovative and highly personalized spaces infused with the spirit of the client
- Consult on space planning, furnishings materials and finishes applications, art and accessories and placement
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references, via email to email@example.com to the attention of Marco De Rubeis, General Manager.
We thank everyone for their interest however only those who are being considered will be contacted.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.miosfurniture.com.