The Sr. Systems Administrator oversees and supports the day-to-day operation of computer systems and networks, ensuring reliable performance and data integrity in local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and organization intranets.
In this role, the Systems Administrator evaluates business needs while setting up and maintaining computer networks, monitoring network and system performance, and collecting data to enhance security and reliability for CX Solutions and their Clients globally.
This IT role reports to Chief Technology Officer and works closely with internal IT personnel and external clients on maintenance and deployment tasks as well as direct user support (such as connectivity issues, hardware and software support, upgrades and migrations).
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, virtualization and Cloud environments
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, including applying security patches, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
• Maintain and support internal and third-party software packages and escalate issues to vendors as appropriate
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to Chief Technology Officer for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure and applications
• Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
• Lead and attend to desktop and helpdesk support issues, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
• Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network
• Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database and system performance
• Provide technical support for employees, set up accounts and workstations
• Hardware and software configuration – skilled at configuring software and hardware including networks, and operating systems
• Information security – firm grasp of best practices and procedures to ensure that organization data is protected from intrusion or corruption
• Problem-solving skills –creative and technical problem-solving skills troubleshooting networks, computers and devices.
• Communication skills – strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both users and IT specialists
• Time management – effective scheduling and time management to balance organization-wide concerns with individual user support
• Bachelor's degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required 3-5 years of system administration experience
• System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
• Working knowledge of virtualization and remote desktop configuration and management
• Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols Significant additional database administration, particularly SQL is a plus
• Experience with Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure, Office365, a must.
• Experience with scripting and automation tools is considered a plus Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices
• Strong knowledge and understanding of basic networking concepts, including IP Addressing/ subnetting/protocols
• Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and windows networking, including TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSL, IP, HTTP, SSH.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
CX Solutions (Sault Ste Marie, Ontario)